Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Some Thoughts on Kissing

This was an interesting blog piece taken from Collette Larsen's website

I thought this was particularly good advice for all of us if we want to get ahead in today's economic environment

Some Thoughts on Kissing

Posted: 07 Nov 2008 05:21 PM CST

I awoke early this morning, sat in front of a crackling fire and turned on CNN. Several experts were commenting on the state of the U.S. economy - the topic that seems to be on everyone's mind of late. The statistics are sobering: a 6.5% unemployment rate - the highest in over 14 years; 240,000 jobs lost just last month, 650,000 lost over the past six months and a staggering 1.2 million U.S. jobs lost since the beginning of the year. That's roughly the population of Dallas, Texas!

The reporter got my attention and I must admit...as dire as the news seemed, my reaction was mixed. Of course, I felt genuine concern for people across the country...those who've received pink slips and still have families to support, but I also felt sincere gratitude for the situation I find myself in...earning solid residual income with USANA due to a decision I made in 1994 to add an additional stream of income to my life.

The CNN journalist cut to an expert on the economy - a woman with a list of tips and suggestions for keeping your job. Believe it or not, her number one suggestion for making yourself indispensable in your current job was...drum roll, please...kiss up to your boss! I'm not kidding. Honestly, as the columnist Dave Barry would say, I'm not making this up. That really was her number one tip! Wow. Let that advice sink in for a moment. Empowering, isn't it? All I could do was shake my head in disbelief.

Now I'm not a CNN journalist or an "expert" on the economy (although I probably earn more income than most experts, particularly those who refuse to kiss up to their bosses!)...but I have built a business that has weathered a number of economic storms over the past fifteen years and I have a tip for you: kiss up to yourself! Do yourself and your loved ones a favor and get serious about improving your health while building your USANA business. Yes, you can! Right now - today. There are hundreds of thousands of people across America and around the world who want exactly what we've got: a superior product line based on solid science, a compensation plan with a total of six different ways to earn income that's fair across the board, an enviable track record and outstanding credibility within our industry and an army of volunteers who've taken control of their own lives willing to help support and mentor anyone who's decided kissing up to their boss should not be part of their job description.

So go out there today and kiss someone...anyone but your boss!

Collette Larsen

No comments: